You only need to change the APN settings on your phone if you are on the USA Extreme Plan or USA Max Plan.
Changing settings on an iPhone
You do not need to change any settings. If you arrive in the USA and find that your iPhone cannot connect to data, please reset network settings (Settings, General, Reset, Reset Network Settings).
In order for your phone to connect to the USA 3G/4G data network, it must have the correct Access Point Name (APN) set up. Set out below are the instructions to do this:
For an Android phone please follow these instructions:
- With the USA sim card in your phone, access the Settings menu.
- Locate and select Wireless & Networks or More Networks.
- Select Mobile Networks.
- Select Access Point Names.
- Locate and select the option to add a new APN. This is usually accessed by a + symbol on the screen or by tapping the menu button.
- Program each field using the settings below.
- Save the changes to return to the APNs menu and select the new APN.
For a Windows phone please follow these instructions and do so with the USA sim card in your phone: